Boston trends spotted (Updated)
So…the other day, I visited Newbury Street, the shopping mecca of Boston with my grandmother for my sweet 17 (its the new sweet 16 ; ) . I didn’t see any famous people, I came away with something better: fabulously priced loot. Its wayy too expensive for anything on N.bury St, so I made out like a bandit with my 35 dollar shirt and 69 dollar shoes (I once emphasize again, a bargain for this street address)…a wonderful birthday present from my grandmother.
Finally got the Pix posted!
Oooh, whats in the box?
Woah, sweet packaging!!
The goods are out of the box, and the logo is lovely.
The sartorial detail at Johnny Cupcakes makes me a little bit giddy…that is, if T-shirts classify as tailored enough to even have sartorial detail!!
But wait. There’s more. Theres the big one.
My brand new Zara boots. Its a bit funny when you notice my old children’s books below on the shelf.
At age seventeen, my grandmother was more than OK with buying me these beauties, which sure was a change of pace! Last year it was “kitten heels.” Not as fun.
Other things I noticed on Newbury Street?
1. Retro Necklines reminiscent of the Mod Squad.
2. The best Lilly Pulitzer collection that I have seen in a long time. I was practically drooling, but refrained.
3. Cheetah fur…What do you all think of this trend? I’m in conflict.
4. People wearing skinny Jeans everywhere. I have never seen so many people wearing skinny jeans in my life. I know lots of people have been wearing them for the past year, but not quite like this. The trend has taken three years to root, but I think it has its place on American soil again!…Don’t think you’ll catch me donning a pair though, I’m more into black shiny spandex or colored tights.
5. Lots of families parading about decked out in head to toe designer clothes with yippy shit-zus in tow, everyone pretending not to see the legless, homeless veteran sitting in a wheelchair begging for change. I forget how many characters and clashes of the classes exist in the city. It makes me wince.
Toodles! I hope all of you lovelies are having a great day. Today is a little bit sad because tomorrow I go back to school! Farewell summer and the freckles your sunshine gives me…